Sunday, May 6, 2012

Tea with T-Rex!

As most of you know I consume an average of 5-10 cups of tea a day, double that if I have a day off. And anyone who is a avid tea or coffee drinker such as myself must have "their cup." It's the one that's just the right size and you know the exact sugar and milk ratio for the perfect taste.

I used to have this awesome cup with this cute shadow city scape on it, then my cat knocked it off the counter and smashed it into a million itty bitty pieces all over my kitchen floor. I was on the hunt forever for another and finally randomly came across it while browsing through Home Sense (I have no idea what I was originally in there for?). As soon as I saw it I knew that was the mug for me. Completely opposite from my previous one - short and fat with a wide mouth. Now it's tall and skinny, and lime green! It's perfect, but the lime green just isn't as exciting as the shadow city. 

I was originally just going to put funky stickers all over it but was hesitant because over time they'd start peeling off in the wash and then it'd just look all gross. Then I remembered seeing something on Pinterest awhile back, and my fantastically crafty friend Nicole over at Gypsy in Jasper recently made one and I thought to myself that's exactly what my sad little cup needs...a sweater!


Well not actually a sweater but a cozy to add a bit of pizzaz and keep my tea hot longer for those times when I forget about it on the windowsill.

This was also a perfect opportunity to use up any scrap wool I had laying around and dive into my button box! And yes, those are T-Rex buttons, I think they're ridiculously cute, yet also acts as a bit of a warning for anyone who tries to steal my cup. 


I love how it turned out, I had to resist the urge not to make cozies for all my cups - juice glass? probably doesn't need one ;)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out. Your cozy turned out so much cuter than mine!! I love it. The buttons are definitely my favourite part. So cute!

    ReplyDelete