Thursday, April 12, 2012

In need of a little Therapy?

One of the first wines that I came across that I completely fell in love with is from Therapy Vineyards located along the Naramata Bench in the Okanagan. It was their 2008 Pinot Noir, I stress the 2008 because for me their last 2 vintages just didn’t have the same wow factor.


The label on most of their bottles have some form of a rorschach design on them, a few others - Freud's Ego, Super Ego, or the Pink Freud all have some other “Therapy” inspired picture. 




This particular wine had a beautiful deep ruby purple colour, the nose full of cherry and raspberry with hints of vanilla. The palate for the most part matches the nose but also has a bit of a leather taste. It’s pretty full bodied for a pinot, smooth with fine tannins and bright acidity.


I downed this bottle like nobody's business, which for a tiny girl such as myself meant by the end I was completely wasted. It wasn’t until maybe a year and half, almost 2 years later that I got into the habit of buying particular wines that I liked and saving them. It took me awhile to find this one again seeing how 2 more vintages had been released since my first encounter, but alas hidden behind some 2009’s I found one, and now I wait for the perfect day for my taste buds to reminisce in its deliciousness!


0 comments:

Post a Comment