Thursday, April 12, 2012

Button Button!

I’ve heard about this place from many people and I’ve even walked by it numerous times, but I knew it was going to be one of those places where the little craft hoarder inside me would break free and I’d be stuck eating nothing but bagels for the next week cause I just spent my entire paycheck on buttons. So I told myself that if I built up enough projects that required buttons that I’d venture in.


Well hallelujah today was that day! I planned everything out perfectly so my son fell asleep on the walk over and I had as much quiet time as I wanted to absorb the awesomness that is this store. The place was filled with every style, colour, and size of button you could imagine. From vintage to angry birds she had them all. I brought a few projects along with me to make it easier to find what I was looking for and also to keep myself in check of buying only what I need (budget budget at button button haha).

The lady that was there (I assume the owner) was incredibly sweet and helpful. She pulled out a little tray from one of the the tables where I laid out what I brought and I kind of explained what I was looking for. She left me to browse for awhile and when I came back to my stuff I noticed she had picked out a few buttons that she thought would look nice with my things - some I did end up taking home with me (thanks button lady!)


In the end my total came to $32 something something. I can just imagine the conversation with my other half when he comes home and asks about my day and I tell him I spent over $30 on buttons, even I think it sounds little crazy. But I'm extremely happy with what I found, a few that I did grab were the last ones she had in store, and I tried to choose more unique looking ones, not your average dress shirt buttons. If you’re ever in the city and looking for buttons, this be the place to go, 318 Homer Street - right around the corner from Dressew, how convenient ^-^

0 comments:

Post a Comment